Comm Settings Amateur Radio TNC
Mongo
2015-12-20 15:00:24 UTC
I am trying to connect a TNC (amateur radio packet decoder) to my Apple IIgs and soon hopefully a IIe.

Using the internal modem port and Zlink, I get garbage characters.
Using a Super Serial Card, (slot 2 my card) I get nothing.
Control Panel Settings 8n1 9600
SSC Settings:
Communications, Block points to modem
SW-1
1-off
2-off
3-off
4-on
5-on
6-on
7-on
SW-2
1-on
2-on
3-off
4-on
5-on
6-off
7-off
The TNC works with a regular serial cable with Windows machines and Hyperterminal, and with Linux machines using minicom. I have been able to transfer files with a Windows machine using a null modem and the internal port.

If anyone can help me to get this working, I'd appreciate it.
Mongo
2015-12-21 22:09:34 UTC
Post by Mongo
I am trying to connect a TNC (amateur radio packet decoder) to my Apple IIgs and soon hopefully a IIe.
Snip
Update: I just used the SSC with serial cables and a null modem to transfer files, so I think that should show the SSC is working. I used the same serial cable to connected to the TNC (I have used this cable with the TNC with other computers) and I could not connect with th TNC.